Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
A PCRV, with a masters’ degree in gender studies, social sciences, development studies and any other relevant discipline or a bachelor’s degree in the above with at least 2 years of relevant experience in gender and with good knowledge on gender norms and practices at the work place, is needed to work with the gender committee to promote a gender-friendly work environment by guiding the enforcement of policies that maintain a workplace free of harassment and abuse of authority. The Gender Advisor will assess the potential of project design and follow up within project monitoring, evaluation, and lessons learned for inclusion of gender equality in actual impact. They will work with the team to mainstream gender equity approaches and strategies that ensure the needs of different beneficiary groups for quality programming are met.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Uganda together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Masters’ degree in gender studies, social sciences, development studies and any other relevant discipline or bachelor’s degree in the above with at least 2 years of relevant experience
• Expert in gender with good knowledge on gender norms and practices at the work place
• Practical application and understanding of engendering programs, with relevant understanding of unique contexts in Africa will be an added advantage
• Experience in gender policy formulation and mainstreaming
• Practical experience in building capacity of staff and community structures in gender
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.