Field Disease Surveillance Officer
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
The Peace Corps Response Volunteers will work on a daily basis with the Ministry of Health District Surveillance Officer, implementing partner staff and the CDC Senegal Surveillance officer to support activities implementing surveillance activities. The volunteer will participate as an integral member of the district surveillance team to assist in coordination of activities between CRS, the MOH Regional and District Level Health Office of the above objectives of this project.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Senegal together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Two or more years of experience conducting community health programming in a low-resource environment.
• Intermediate Level French proficiency
• Experience or interest developing and using evaluation tools to monitor the efficacy of training programs and programmatic interventions.
• Knowledge of appropriate engagement with host country partners in both a professional and community setting in West African countries.
• Ability to help CDC GHSA and the Peace Corps culturally to adapt programming and training initiatives to have the best chance of success in the field.
• Strong computer and internet-based research skills.
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.