Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings.
An Entrepreneurship Specialist fluent in Spanish and experienced in small business consultation is needed to create materials and train facilitators about entrepreneurship principles. Foundation for the Solidarity and Development of Panama (FUSODEP) started facilitating entrepreneurship and small business seminars in the region as a result of an alliance with a banking entity in Panama. Additionally, they recently started an alliance with a local high school to start an entrepreneurship club so that the seeds of entrepreneurship are planted at early age. A Peace Corps Response Volunteer (PCRV) is being requested to support one of FUSODEP’s areas of focus: the growth of small businesses. FUSODEP facilitates change through education with the goals of fostering personal development and raising the quality of life of the less fortunate. This labor is done while seeking to protect the environment and bring about gender equality.
The Entrepreneurship Specialist will train staff on business-related topics, and promote entrepreneurship principles through trainings. The PCRV will create training manuals, and train entrepreneurship facilitators, in addition to developing assessment materials, and support FUSODEP’s fundraising efforts by training staff how to search for funding opportunities. The goal of this assignment is to allow stakeholders to strengthen their entrepreneurial skills, allowing them to better manage their business activities.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Panama together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
Foundation for the Solidarity and Development of Panama (FUSODEP)
• High tolerance for ambiguity and high level of flexibility – some details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business or equivalent field experience
• Knowledge of key issues relating to entrepreneurship
• At least three years of professional experience in business or advising businesses, preferably with microenterprise experience
• Knowledge of marketing tools for business promotion
• Experience in planning, coordination and implementation of activities with NGOs
• Organizational skills and the ability to work alone and with little supervision
• Ability to work in a team and collaborate with others
• Advanced spoken and written Spanish
• Ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Office
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Serving in Panama
Learn more about the Volunteer experience in Panama: Get detailed information on culture, communications, housing, health, and safety -- including health and crime statistics -- in order to make a well-informed decision about serving.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the medical clearance process.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.