Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings.
A Peace Corps Response Volunteer (PCRV) is needed to serve as an eLearning Specialist with the Ministry of Education in Grenada, Eastern Caribbean. With the onset of COVID–19, the Ministry of Education in Grenada had to quickly implement its plans to introduce blended learning methodologies to the classroom. These methodologies are referred to as the “eLearning Program” whose primary objective is to make eLearning available to students. The Ministry envisions the professional development of teachers to design and implement a blended-curriculum and integrate ICT in classroom instruction. The support of a PCRV has been requested by the eLearning Implementation Team to assess, revise and refine the eLearning Program and assess the pedagogy that integrates ICT to make eLearning more accessible and user friendly.
The PCRV will work in collaboration with the District Information Technology Officers to develop a training strategy, or curriculum, to address the needs of IT officers, school staff, and teachers in implementing blended learning, as well as supporting the technical assistance provided to schools at the district level. This assignment will strengthen the eLearning Program as it seeks to infuse ICT in the education system to enhance the quality of learning and teaching; meet the learning style or needs of students; improve efficiency and effectiveness; and improve user (teacher, students, etc.) access and time flexibility to engage learners in the learning process.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in the Eastern Caribbean together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
Ministry of Education, Human Resource Development, Religious Affairs, and Information
• High tolerance for ambiguity and high level of flexibility – some details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations
• BS/BA degree in any of the following disciplines: Education Technology, Instructional Design/Technology, Distance and Digital learning or related area and 5 years working experience in the field.
• At least 2 years’ Experience in ICT integration in education (specific to online literacy tools)
• Competence in online instruction
• Experience developing courses on a Moodle based LMS
• Experience developing and/or conducting education related training sessions
• Experience working with system leaders and teachers
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Willingness to persevere through challenges (travel, climate, interacting with multiple people and agencies etc.)
• Willingness to approach the position through the Peace Corps’ philosophy on development
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Serving in Eastern Caribbean
Learn more about the Volunteer experience in Eastern Caribbean: Get detailed information on culture, communications, housing, and safety — including crime statistics [PDF] — in order to make a well-informed decision about serving.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the medical clearance process.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.