E-Learning Teacher Trainer
The Ministry of Education in Namibia has requested the support of a Peace Corps Response Volunteer (PCRV) to serve as an E-Learning Teacher Trainers in the Oshikoto regions. The Ministry is experiencing challenges associated with blended learning during COVID- 19. The assistance of a PCRV has been requested to support the teacher development component of the project (e-learning for Math, Physical Sciences, Natural Science and English as a Second Language). The Ministry of Education is in the process of migrating curriculum, learning content and teaching resources to online platforms for teachers and learners.
The PCRV will be able to promote the use of information and communications technology as a driver to increase quality and relevance of education at all levels while possessing an understanding of the risks relating to using such tools. The PCRV will assist with quarterly workshops, school visits and mentorship of teachers in the use of e-learning tools and skills in monitoring and reporting on their weekly activities, and they will also contribute to the capture and analysis of information gathered from the participation of the teachers in the e-learning program. The overall goal of the assignment is to support the implementation of an effective model of e-learning tools and activities.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Namibia together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
Ministry of Education Arts and Culture
• Bachelor’s degree in education at secondary level/middle school level and demonstrated experience in developing distance learning content
• Knowledge of Secondary Education curriculum development
• Two years of teaching experience
• Experience in database development and maintenance
• Knowledge of principles of software design, coding, testing, and deployment
• 3 years of experience in development and maintenance of e-learning system
• Have experience of using ICT to support learning and teaching
• Ability to create and implement their own e-learning solutions
• Confident user of ICT across a range of media design and development
• Able to promote the use of ICT as a driver to increase quality and relevance of education at all levels
• Understanding of the risks relating to tools used in ICT such as Copyright infringements, plagiarism and software development
• High tolerance for ambiguity and high level of flexibility
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Serving in Namibia
Learn more about the Volunteer experience in Namibia: Get detailed information on culture, communications, housing, health, and safety -- including health and crime statistics -- in order to make a well-informed decision about serving.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the medical clearance process.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.