Community Economic Development Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings.
Peace Corps Response Volunteers (PCRVs) with advanced proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and a BA/BS degree in any field with experience in the development and implementation of CED projects are needed to conduct an analysis of primary functions and opportunities for collaboration between and with national and local government institutions key to promoting financial inclusion and gender through strategic programming. The PCRVs will contribute to the development of project resources; training materials, and MRE. The lessons learned, best practices observed, research conducted, and experiences gained through their service will be used to continue the development of the CED project through the creation of effective training materials and resources for future two-year volunteers, to establish connections between Peace Corps and Guatemalan Institutions, and to strengthen the capacities of partners.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume Volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Guatemala together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in any field
• Experience in the development and implementation of CED projects or projects from other sectors that have a strong organizational development component.
• Advanced proficiency in written and spoken Spanish.
• Experience employing organizational capacity development strategies including participatory assessment, decision making, and planning processes with community based organizations and/or in community development projects.
• Experience in Project Design and Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, and training design and delivery.
• At least two years of experience working in a low-resource, cross-cultural context.
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.