Agro-Business & Entrepreneurship Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings
The Agro-Business & Entrepreneurship Specialist will work with FEDVIDA on the manufacturing and commercialization of bamboo pellets and will help elaborate and implement didactic material (printed, digital and videos) on the cultivation of bamboo and the agro-ecotourism farms. They want to reinforce the knowledge of students at the local high school and to train teachers and provide tools that help improve the teaching and learning process of environmental education. They believe incorporating the PCRV into these activities and projects will correlate with their 5-year strategic plan for economic sustainability. The goal of this assignment is to build the capacity of FEDVIDA in terms of their organizational development.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Panama together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business, Small Business Administration, Agribusiness or equivalent experience
• Advanced/fluent in both written and spoken Spanish
• 3 years of experience in organizational development and financing strategies (fundraising) and marketing of products in the agricultural and / or agro-ecotourism sector
• 3 years of experience in the planning, coordination and implementation of activities with young people and producers in rural communities with governmental and non-governmental institutions
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone and with little supervision
• 2 years of experience giving facilitating training and field-based trainings in Spanish with local counterparts
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.