Agricultural Business Development Specialist
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Don't meet these requirements? View our Peace Corps Volunteer openings.
A PCRV, with a master’s degree in Agricultural Business Development or related field, 5 years’ experience in the area of agro-industry or agro-processing specialization, and experience in enterprise development and feasibility studies business modelling, planning and financial planning is needed to work with the Director of Field Services to develop a findings report with recommendations and work plan. The PCRV will conduct an assessment of work setting and related areas to the job, review with colleagues the mechanisms and other processes used to determine priorities and how services are delivered, while drawing on the expertise of the host agency and department, university specialists and other local and foreign experts, like Peace Corps staff and Peace Corps Volunteers. The goal of this assignment is to develop business models enterprises identified in the assessment phase for implementation at the production center.
Please note that departure dates and other details of this project could change because of the uncertainties as Peace Corps and local partners resume volunteer operations. Candidates selected for this position will be arriving in Jamaica together as a group, so while the departure dates for the whole group could change, dates cannot be changed for individual candidates.
• Master’s Degree in Agricultural Business Development or related field
• 5 years’ experience in the area of agro-industry or agro-processing specialization.
• Experience working with rural agricultural development
• Experience in enterprise development and feasibility studies business modelling, planning and financial planning,
• Experience implementing entrepreneurship programmes
• Good interpersonal communication, report writing and computing skills.
• Experience in agricultural/animal husbandry production
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Self-directed but also able to work as a team in cross-cultural setting
The Peace Corps embraces and leverages the diversity of its volunteers as a reflection of America's diversity. Peace Corps Response is committed to reflecting the diversity of the United States in the professionals we send into the field to support the mission of world peace and friendship. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please review Medical Information for Applicants to learn about the clearance process and other health conditions that are difficult to accommodate in Peace Corps service.
Does this sound like the position for you?
Get started on your journey.