VIDEO: Turon from the Philippines
How to make: Turon from the Philippines
· 2 bananas, quartered
· 1/4 cup brown sugar
· 1 tbsp. cinnamon
· 1 tbsp. vanilla
· 1 pack of pre-made spring roll wrappers
· 1 cup vegetable oil
1. Peel bananas and cut into quarters.
2. Place bananas into a bowl and top with brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix! Make sure the banana is coated on all sides.
3. Roll the bananas in the pre-made wrappers. Set aside.
4. Heat vegetable oil to 350°F.
5. Place wrapped bananas bottom-side down and fry until browned. Flip over periodically.
6. Remove from pan and dry on a paper towel to drain remaining oil.