VIDEO: Georgian Khachapuri
How to make: Georgian Khachapuri
Ingredients· 6 oz. dough (see below)
· 8 oz. mozzarella, chopped
· 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
· Egg yolk
· 1/4 cup water
· 3 1/2 oz. Greek yogurt
· 1 egg
· 7 1/2 oz. AP flour
· 1/3 tsp. salt
· 1 1/3 tsp. baking powder
· 1 1/2 oz. unsalted butter
Instructions1. Make dough: Add all ingredients in to a large bowl and mix. Knead dough and let it cool for 30 minutes. This should produce 12 oz. of dough.
2. Cut mozzarella in to 1/2-inch slices and crumble the feta cheese.
3. Make egg wash by whisking yolk with 1/4 cup of water. Set aside.
4. Flatten dough and add mozzarella and the feta cheese to the center of the dough.
5. Fold edges over and pinch ends closed to make pouch.
6. Cut an opening in the center of the pouch.
7. Brush the egg wash on the edges of the dough.
8. Place on baking sheet and bake in a wood fire oven (or electric oven) for 15 minutes at 450°F.
9. Take out of oven, and add egg and pepper.
10. Place back in oven for an additional 5 minutes.