7 reasons to apply to the Peace Corps campus program you’ve never heard of
It’s a little known fact that you can get involved with the Peace Corps well before you serve — or even apply.
- It’s like an internship, but it’s fun. You won’t spend time wasting away in an office. As an Ambassador, you’ll be out kicking up dust on your campus, meeting with other campus leaders and making connections for yourself and the Peace Corps.
- You like selfies? We like selfies. Half of what you’ll be doing is creating social media content for your peers to help tell the Peace Corps story.
- You’re the local expert. You know your campus, you know different crowds, and you know who will be receptive to the Peace Corps message — we’re the ones who’ll be taking notes.
- You love to win. Each semester we’ll hold Campus Ambassador competitions to recognize the best ways Ambassadors have reached out to their campus communities through social media and one-on-one communication.
- You get major professional development. We’ll support your professional growth, providing training, sample resume language, a letter of recommendation and more.
- There’s feel-good stuff. You’ll be out stomping for the renowned government agency that JFK started “to promote world peace and friendship.”
- Get one step closer to becoming a Peace Corps Volunteer. Admission is more competitive than ever, and serving as an Ambassador will give you an edge.
Interested? Learn more here.