Youth Services Lead
About the organization
Mary’s Place provides safe and inclusive shelter and services for women, children and families on their journey out of homelessness. We operate a women’s day center and several 24x7 family centers/shelters in King County. We serve hundreds of families–moms, dads, and children–providing a safe place for them to be inside and together at night, along with food, showers, clothing, and access to housing and employment resources. We believe that no one’s child should sleep outside.
Valuing diversity and championing equity are core values at Mary’s Place. Mary’s Place is an equal opportunity employer with a culturally diverse work environment and a commitment to social justice.
• Provide engaged presence and leadership in Kids Club programs, activities, and services that prepare youth for success, while creating an environment that facilitates positive youth development
• Lead in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating Kids Club programs, services, and activities
• Collect and track Kids Club membership information, attendance, and behavior data
• Provide feedback to, and work with, parents and guardians to encourage positive behaviors and address challenging behaviors presented in Kids Club
• Assist in facilitation of youth programming including, but not limited to, homework focus and assistance, structured and informal educational games and activities, technology education programs, youth and family outings, and special events
• Assist in facilitation and delivery of High Yield Learning Activities
• Three years of relevant work experience; some experience in social or homeless services
• Self-motivated, mature, energetic, and able to maintain clear and healthy boundaries with guests, families and staff
• Demonstrated Experience facilitating activities for children of all ages
• Demonstrated understanding of early child development principles, ability to motivate youth with a positive approach; modeling and guiding youth in strengths-based problem solving and goal setting techniques
• Ability to exhibit compassion and empathy; works well with families and children from all ethnic, social, economic and sexual orientation backgrounds
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed
• Current CPR and First Aid Certifications or ability to complete within 30 days
• Valid Washington State Driver license
• Ability to travel between Mary’s Place sites during working hours as needed
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply for this opportunity, please email resume to [email protected] No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job