Youth MIS/QA Specialist
About the organization
Since 1971, SER Metro-Detroit has consistently maintained a high-performance record in the skills training and placement of consumers into unsubsidized employment in the private sector and in providing employers with a diverse, qualified workforce. The means by which our mission of cultivating a qualified, skilled and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy is reflected in our name: Service, Employment, and Redevelopment. SER Metro-Detroit works to give each consumer of services the resources needed to create a life of self-sufficiency and self-fulfillment. SER program mix includes: literacy and education, job readiness skills training, occupational skills training, vocational skills training, job seeker and employer services, welfare reform programming, economic and community development, employment, and extensive youth programming. The services delivery system includes the active participation of the public and private sectors, education, and government.
1. Enters youth activity and follow-up data into Management Information System (MIS); ensures accuracy of data entered.
2. Assists in the monitoring of the MIS data system to ensure all participant information is entered and accurate.
3. Facilitates intake/orientation, explaining program and expectations.
4. Maintains knowledge of the statement of work and performance goals.
5. Compiles program statistics, performance data and prepares related reports for submission.
6. Completes post-secondary/employment verification during retention process, documents accordingly and submits appropriate reports in a timely manner.
7. Communicates with program staff, partner agencies to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of participation activity.
8. Reconciles and validates reports with related data files/sources; reports errors and corrections to coordinator.
9. Maintains organized an efficient filing system.
10. Creates and internal audit plan for the site and reports out monthly documentation needs
11. Provides on-going technical assistance to staff as needed.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area of study or comparable experience (5 years minimum)
2. Experience in workforce development programs preferred.
3. Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish or English/Arabic are preferred.
4. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
5. Ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of need
6. Computer skills in Microsoft Word necessary to effectively maintain a database and generate reports.
7. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with staff and partner agencies in non-technical terms.
8. Ability to work in a fast-paced and performance-based environment, with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines
9. Analytical ability to identify and resolve reporting errors.
10. Mental ability to handle pressures related to meeting deadlines and performing repetitive tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail.
11. Physical ability to frequently sit at a computer terminal for prolonged periods of time when entering data.
12. Valid Michigan driver’s license. Incumbent must also have reliable means of transportation to travel to various locations outside of the office.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job