Workshop Facilitator (Bilingual-Spanish/English)
About the organization
Since 1971, SER Metro-Detroit has consistently maintained a high-performance record in the skills training and placement of consumers into unsubsidized employment in the private sector and in providing employers with a diverse, qualified workforce. The means by which our mission of cultivating a qualified, skilled and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy is reflected in our name: Service, Employment, and Redevelopment. SER Metro-Detroit works to give each consumer of services the resources needed to create a life of self-sufficiency and self-fulfillment. SER program mix includes: literacy and education, job readiness skills training, occupational skills training, vocational skills training, job seeker and employer services, welfare reform programming, economic and community development, employment, and extensive youth programming. The services delivery system includes the active participation of the public and private sectors, education, and government.
1. Designs and facilitates career development and life skills workshops including self-assessment, goal setting, workplace conduct and appearance, resume writing, job search strategies, networking, interviewing and other related subjects.
2. Supervises the administration of career and job readiness assessment instruments.
3. Modifies curriculum and materials as required to meet individual and program needs.
4. Utilizes a variety of teaching resources to develop customers’ knowledge of subject area.
5. Monitors and evaluates progress of customers and prescribes corrective plans whenever necessary.
6. Prepares and maintains current and accurate accounting of customer participation.
7. Maintains a warm atmosphere where customers feel cared and welcome.
8. Maintains a functional knowledge of economic and job market trends and demands and incorporates knowledge into job readiness training modules.
9. Assists with intake/orientation activities.
1. Graduation from an accredited college or university preferred or combination of education and experience.
2. Experience with adult learners in a nontraditional environment desired.
3. Knowledge and understanding of instructional and classroom techniques.
4. Knowledge of basic education principles, practices and techniques for adult learning.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Ability to plan and organize effectively.
7. Bilingual language skills English/Spanish required.
8. Must possess and provide a valid Michigan Driver's License. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and have access to reliable transportation.
Contact email: [email protected]
TO VIEW FULL DESCRIPTION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE VISIT: www.sermetro.org/job/workshop-facilitator-bilingual-spanish-english/
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job