Wildlife Communications & Strategy Senior Director - 21062
WWF Washington, DC
About the organization
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Wildlife Communications & Strategy Director. The Director will lead the development and execution of short- and long-term external communications strategies that advance WWF-US Wildlife priority projects, landscapes and goals, support resource mobilization, and link to the broader communications and outreach strategy of the organization. This position serves as the point of contact on internal and external communications engagement related to the WWF-US Wildlife team and is a key contributor to strategy development and implementation.
Rooted in communications expertise and quickly building a deep understanding of WWF-US Wildlife and other program priorities, the position bridges conservation, communications, and fundraising needs. Provides the vision, thought leadership, and co-creates and articulates communications deliverables that advance conservation strategies and programs. Develops and leads on communications strategies that deliver conservation outcomes and raise brand awareness among key stakeholders and the general public. Identifies content opportunities that can be leveraged to reach diverse audiences (e.g., general public, policy, corporate, donors, etc.).
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent in communications, environmental issues, wildlife or conservation science, or international relations required. Post-graduate degree preferred.
• At least ten years of professional communications experience related to conservation
• Experience with mission-oriented strategic communications, diverse audiences and geographies, and translating scientific or technical information to a lay audience preferred.
• Demonstrated success in conceptualizing, developing, implementing, and managing communications strategies that support an entity's strategic goals across a wide range of diverse stakeholders and audiences.
• Experience working in an international environment and understanding of cultural differences and can communicate and operate with nuance and diplomacy on complicated and controversial issues.
• Creative and innovative thinker who has experience utilizing diverse channels, outlets, and opportunities to craft and deliver messages to diverse audiences.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Anticipates communications conflicts, reputation, and brand risks, and works to mitigate them.
• Strong commitment to mission, goals, and values.
• Attention to detail, discrete, and ability to manage multiple projects.
• Experience and exceptional ability to manage teams and staff preferred
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job