Water Resources and Infrastructure Staff Associate
Tetra Tech - International Development Services
About the organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is accepting applications from qualified candidates to join our Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector team as a Staff Associate.
The position will be based in Burlington, Vermont, or Arlington, Virginia.
What you will do:
* Backstop all aspects of WRI project(s), including start up through close out: coordination with headquarters staff on logistics, procurement, budgets, and travel; project budget development and management; recruiting and onboarding technical consultants/personnel; collaborating with local staff to build capacity; and monitoring work plan and deliverables to ensure contract compliance;
* Contribute to marketing activities and new business development, including conducting scoping trips, identifying new partners and/or clients, and innovative approaches to development challenges;
* Assist in all aspects of proposal preparation including technical approach, staff identification, work plan, partner liaising, and budget development, among others;
* Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity;
* Support external communications and events as well as learning efforts within the sector team.
* Advanced degree in a sector-relevant technical discipline is preferred;
* At least 4 years of relevant professional experience in the WASH sector in developing countries
* Experience supporting project management and implementation for WASH programs;
* Previous USAID project management experience is highly preferred
* Strong proficiency in French is highly preferred;
* Position requires regular international travel (roughly 20%), including potential travel to conflict and post-conflict countries;
* MS Office suite proficiency and familiarity with databases; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please submit the following as part of our application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* A writing sample of a technical nature no more than 10 pages in length in which the applicant is the sole author
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job