Warehouse Administrative Specialist
About the organization
Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
We’ve been ranked one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times for nine years running, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Being a Galilean means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our financial assistance program and other community efforts at http://www.galileo-camps.com/community.
Galileo is looking for a highly motivated, service-minded Warehouse Administrative Specialist to join our Hayward Warehouse team. This crucial teammate will be integral to the administrative success of the purchasing sub-function, while also supporting general office management of warehouse.
The Galileo Operations and Warehouse team are masters of multitasking and organization, successfully coordinating the purchasing, inventory management, and delivery of all camp materials. You will directly interface with our Curriculum, Field Ops, and Finance teams to provide thousands of young innovators with tools to tinker and create. Plus, you’ll do it in a place filled with glue sticks and googly eyes, pool noodles and paper maché. It’s behind-the-scenes magic in the making, all year long.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
• You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose.
• You take great pride in leveraging your administrative talents to support others.
• You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
• You manage your time well and are meticulous about the details.
• You’re an organized problem solver.
• You love fine-tuning operational logistics, ensuring program efficiency, and learning new strategies for driving overall performance.
• You can confidently contribute to a creative vision and effectively work with others to realize it.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Bachelor's degree and/or position-specific work experience
• Proven ability to follow through with projects and get into the details
• Experience with Microsoft and Google Suites, with the ability to learn new software systems
• Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
• Track deliveries, maintain our internal databases, communicate with vendors, and perform special projects as assigned.
• Process internal supply requests, communications with our facility landlord, and manage staff shared space.
• Submit expense reports to the Finance department in an efficient and timely manner.
• Track and communicate needs for deploying technology hardware to camp sites.
• Manage staff team requests during the camp season, responding quickly and warmly
To be discussed during interview process
Contact email: [email protected]
• Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo
• Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning.
• 401(k) provided after one year of employment
• 20 personal days per year.
• For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job