Volunteer Program Associate
About the organization
MedShare is a 501c(3) humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world. Our deliveries of vital medical supplies and equipment have decreased our nation’s carbon footprint and brought health, healing and the promise of better lives to over 100 countries and countless patients.
MedShare engages a thriving volunteer corps of over 20,000 individuals annually in order to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of people and our planet. The Volunteer Program Associate plays a crucial role in conveying the mission of MedShare to the public and ensuring that products are sorted and prepared accurately and effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead volunteer groups in sorting medical supplies
o Explain the mission of MedShare to volunteers and provide specific task instructions
o Direct volunteers and provide assistance during sorting sessions
o Ensure quality of output and safety of volunteers, including ensuring volunteers follow
COVID-19 related protocols, such as wearing face coverings, gloves, adhering to physical
• Maintain sorting rooms and ensure proper equipment and supplies are available for each session
• Ensure that facilities used by volunteers are safe, clean and orderly
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of volunteer work, making improvements when necessary
• Identify and document improvements to standard operating procedures for the volunteer program
• Assist with maintaining data relevant to the Volunteer Program
• Research medical items and share this info with staff
• Provide other support as needed to Volunteer Program, including:
o Recruiting strategic groups
o Answering volunteer inquiries and scheduling volunteer groups as needed
• Two years previous job experience (Associates degree or higher preferred)
• Ability to work flexible schedule including weekdays and weekends
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English). Must be skilled at speaking to groups
• Lifting requirements (maximum amount of weight): 50 lbs.
• Energetic, hard working, and a self-starter
• Previous experience leading volunteer groups
• Strong computer skills, especially in web research and Microsoft Office
• Must comply with COVID-19 related protocols for working in facility
Contact email: [email protected]
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: [email protected] with “Volunteer Program Associate, Western Region” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply