VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
All Hands and Hearts
About the organization
All Hands and Hearts effectively and efficiently addresses the immediate and long-term needs of communities impacted by natural disasters. We communicate directly with local leaders and community members and then deploy our unique model of engaging volunteers to enable direct impact, helping to build safer, more resilient schools, homes and infrastructure.
Through community and volunteer engagement, we focus on helping families recover faster after natural disasters using our Smart Response strategy. In doing so, we strengthen both our volunteers and the communities in which we serve.
-Responsible for meeting a monthly fundraising target through active communication and promotion of fundraising.
- Implement the Volunteer Engagement Strategy in a positive and authentic way, with the volunteer experience at the forefront.
- Manage pre-arrival communication with volunteers to promote fundraising.
- Provide direct support to volunteers and staff to assist them with setting up and managing their personal fundraising pages.
- Communicating regularly the importance and impact of volunteer fundraising on the work that we can complete. Motivate, empower and inspire volunteers to fundraise and advocate for the program.
- Develop, organize and oversee on-site fundraising activities and events.
- Update and maintain the tracking systems of cash and in-kind gifts on program as well as personal fundraising pages.
- Compile and deliver accurate weekly and monthly financial reporting to the Volunteer Engagement Manager.
- This role is divided between the office and the field. 30%-50% of the working week should be spent in the field working alongside volunteers.
- Other duties as required.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Related Experience: Previous experience working with All Hands and Hearts, or another organization in a development setting. Previous development, engagement or community development experience in a professional setting. International travel experience—preferably in developing countries.
- Special Competencies/Certifications: Good written and oral communication skills and confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Applicant needs to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Work Environment/Conditions: Communal living environment. High stress situations.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job