Volunteer Administrative Assistant
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp
About the organization
Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing” to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn., in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and communities, and through other outreach activities across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
Our Volunteer Administrative Assistant can expect to…
• Manage Camp's relationship with its name tag vendor, make necessary orders, and participate in the production of weekend/session/event-specific name tags.
• Oversee transportation arrangements for all volunteers requiring transportation from Hartford.
• Assist the Associate Director of Volunteers with maintaining and updating volunteer web forms, database recordkeeping, email templates, and orientation materials. Troubleshoot and work with database administrators, admissions, and the medical team.
• Support with the preparation of supplies and materials for volunteers before events and ensure responsible parties have those items ahead of time. (nametags, shirts, gifts.)
• Craft and share pre-event volunteer welcome emails one week in advance and follow up with thank-you emails post-event for those who attended.
• Respond to general volunteer email and support website inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities.
• Reach out to prospective residential volunteers and share link for interviews.
• Assist the Associate Director of Volunteers in overseeing the initial and annual completion of background checks, medical forms, and Camp's "volunteer agreement" for all new and returning volunteers.
• Manage summer shirt inventory and order as needed.
• Set up summer volunteers in Openpath (access control software.)
• Maintain and update the volunteer information in the database.
• Assist with special projects.
Our Volunteer Administrative Assistant should have…
• A degree and/or coursework in related field is desirable, but there is no minimum education requirement.
• The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety of people in multicultural environments.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills; written and verbal communication skills to diverse internal/external stakeholders, including reports, written communications, and presentation to key audiences.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• A proactive approach to responsibilities with an ability to multi-task & prioritize workday/projects independently.
• A familiarity with key software and database resources (e.g., Microsoft Office, Salesforce or database equivalent, FormAssembly or webform service equivalent, etc.) and adaptable digital skills.
• The ability to find a balance between focused professional endeavors and unstructured fun.
• An ability to read, understand, and proactively adapt to personalities and work styles interacting and unfolding during active programming.
• A willingness & ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to lead, supervise, or participate in Camp activities.
• A willingness & ability to operate a computer for extended periods with appropriate breaks.
• A valid Driver's license & driving record which meets HITW insurance carrier requirements.
• A willingness & ability to frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
• Full vaccination against COVID19
Contact email: [email protected]
Submitting a cover letter with your resume is highly encouraged. The hiring team at The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp looks forward to receiving your application!
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job