VISTA Leader - VISTA Volunteers Building Community Resiliency in Response to COVID
AmeriCorps VISTA in Partnership with the Center for Health Leadership and Practice at the Public Health Institute
About the organization
The Center for Health Leadership and Practice at the Public Health Institute (PHI) operates the largest AmeriCorps VISTA sponsorship in the Western Region. Our 60+VISTA members work in communities across California to tackle two of the biggest public health challenges of our generation: overdose prevention and COVID-19 response. Up to 23 VISTA volunteers serve organizations throughout California to improve their operational capacity of organizations in addressing issues directly and indirectly connected to the COVID-19 pandemic in their respective communities.
We are a trusted partner to governments, non-profits, and social change organizations committed to health equity and multi-sector partnerships. We improve health outcomes at scale with dynamic tools, deep expertise, and cross-sector collaboration.
• Recruit and onboard VISTA members into COVID-19 safety coalitions
• Assess VISTA professional development goals and skill base needed to build local capacity
• Design and produce written plan for VISTA learning network, professional development curriculum and support structure
• Develop, maintain and analyze VISTA member database of local activities and program participation
• Conduct individual mentorship and support calls with VISTAsin the field
• Design and produce monthly VISTA learning network sessions
• Develop and coordinate virtual learning and networking opportunities for VISTAs at statewide and regional convenings
• Develop and distribute recommended list of VISTA capacity-buildingprojects
• Collect and summarize metrics for AmeriCorps progress reports•Lead production program webinars
• Work closely with other VISTA program leads in managing and supporting the CHLP VISTA hub pipeline.
18+ years of age
At least 1 year of AmeriCorps or Peace Corps service
Ability to work Remotely
$1,050.28 biweekly stipend
Contact email: [email protected]
All interested applicants must apply through the AmeriCorps website. If you have additional questions on how to apply, please contact Karya Lustig at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job