VISTA Leader - Supporting Communities to Address the California Overdose Epidemic
AmeriCorps VISTA in Partnership with the Center for Health Leadership and Practice at the Public Health Institute
About the organization
The Center for Health Leadership and Practice at the Public Health Institute (PHI) sponsors the largest VISTA project addressing opioid safety in the country. Up to 40 VISTA volunteers serve multi-sector coalitions in the California Overdose Prevention Network (COPN), which reaches more than 85% of Californians. In partnership with prescribers, pharmacists, public health departments, law enforcement, harm reduction organizations, schools, and community members, each local coalition is taking concrete steps to prevent addiction, expand treatment, and save lives. We support 32 coalitions in leveraging expert coaching, technical assistance and networking opportunities provided by the COPN Accelerator program to help strengthen local impact.
We are a trusted partner to governments, non-profits, and social change organizations committed to health equity and multi-sector partnerships. We improve health outcomes at scale with dynamic tools, deep expertise, and cross-sector collaboration.
• Recruit and onboard VISTA members into local overdose prevention coalitions
• Assess VISTA professional development goals and skill base needed to build local coalition capacity
• Design and produce written plan for VISTA learning network, professional development curriculum and support structure
• Develop, maintain and analyze VISTA member database of local activities and program participation
• Conduct individual mentorship and support calls with VISTAs in the field
• Design and produce monthly VISTA learning network sessions
• Develop and coordinate networking opportunities for VISTAs at statewide and regional convenings
• Develop and distribute recommended list of VISTA capacity-building projects
• Collect and summarize metrics for AmeriCorps progress reports
18+ years of age
At least 1 year of AmeriCorps or Peace Corps service
Ability to work Remotely
$1,050.28 biweekly stipend
Contact email: [email protected]
All interested applicants must apply through the AmeriCorps website. Want to learn more about this exciting opportunity? Visit https://nopn.org/california/vista-apply for additional information on our VISTA program. Please direct any questions to Karya Lustig at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job