VISTA at L.A. Compost
L.A. Works Volunteer Corps
About the organization
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.
Please note that this is an AmeriCorps VISTA position at L.A. Compost through L.A. Works. It is a full-time position up to 40 hours a week with a living stipend.
Essential Job Functions:
- Regular tracking of volunteers through volunteer management system.
- Ensure that volunteers receive accurate instructions for their volunteer activity.
- Ensure that Compost Managers a nd volunteer activity leads receive information on number
of volunteers to expect.
- Will attend volunteer events as needed to ensure a well rounded experience for volunteers.
- Management and first point of contact for inquiries regarding compost hub access and other
frequently asked questions.
- Work with Outreach Manager to plan a strategic weekly/biweekly social media calendar.
- Will work with Outreach Manager to plan a monthly e-newsletter.
- Will attend a minimum of one community event per month to increase awareness of LA
Compost’s volunteer and compost opportunities.
- Maintain online events calendar.
- Assist in event coordination (ie workshops, annual Earth Day event, gratitude party, etc).
- Experience working with and/or coordinating volunteers.
- A strong writing style and voice for social media.
- Proficient in scheduling and planning social media posts for Instagram & Facebook.
- Experience planning e-newsletters using MailChimp.
- Comfortable speaking with and meeting new people.
- Is professional, understands the ethos of our organization, and can represent LA Compos well
when out in the community.
- Has reliable transportation.
$791.70, biweekly, before taxes
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter, detailing your interest in L.A. Compost, to [email protected]
You must also submit an official application via the my.americorps.gov portal.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job