Vice President of Operations
Global Health Corps
About the organization
Global Health Corps (GHC) recruits and mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. Passionate young leaders enter the GHC community by participating in a year-long, paid fellowship with an organization in sub-Saharan Africa. During the fellowship, they work in cross-national pairs on a wide range of areas that improve healthcare access and health outcomes for the poor. Fellows have built financial management systems for grassroots HIV organizations in Uganda, supported district pharmacies in Rwanda in rolling out new supply chain management tools, and conducted research on adolescent sexual and reproductive health services in Zambia. They also engage in intensive training, professional development, mentorship, and thoughtful community building. Each of our fellows has the capacity to change the world – and many already are. We are grateful to work closely with them to amplify their impact.
Global Health Corps (GHC) seeks a strategic, nimble, systems thinker and executor to join us as our Vice President of Operations (VPO). Our VPO will oversee and manage our finance, compliance, human resources, fellowship admissions operations, technology, and office administration functions. They will ensure our organization’s resources are effectively managed and strategically deployed as we pursue our mission and strategic priorities.
Our ideal candidate has the skills and mindsets necessary to thrive as a senior leader in a fast-paced, mission-driven, start-up environment. They are collaborative, client-driven, and solutions-oriented. They are able to both strategize and execute individually and through layers to reach ambitious goals and outcomes. They have the ability and energy to drive effective operations by working with staff from a range of teams and cultures spread across several countries and time zones. They are ready and able to manage a committed team of 6 while also working cross-functionally with ~30 full-time staff in New York and across the globe.
Our Vice President of Operations will sit on our senior leadership team and report directly to our CEO.
- At least 12 years of work experience in operations, finance, and human resources required
- Significant knowledge of best-in-class people and talent practices
- Adept at developing a budget, managing financial oversight, and leading a team through a budgeting process
- Capable of positioning Global Health Corps to have the technology and administration necessary to operate efficiently and effectively
- Experience scaling systems and solutions for a growth-stage organization
- Skilled at coaching, developing, and managing early-career and more seasoned professionals
- Successful in building & leveraging relationships across lines of differences and a range of cultures
- Drawn to both strategize and execute; moreover, able to do so quickly and in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Passionate about global health equity and committed to social justice
- Committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment
- Invested in consistently operating as a steward of Global Health Corps’ mission and values
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or comparable master’s degree highly preferred
- Experience living or working in sub-Saharan Africa highly preferred
- Willing and able to travel internationally at least 3-4 times each year
- Willing and able to occasionally work on weekends or evenings
Global Health Corps is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or other characteristics or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We embrace and value diverse skillsets and backgrounds. We are a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different national, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, religious, gender, and other identities. We represent varied professional backgrounds, collaborating across fields and sectors to form a powerful, close-knit network of changemakers. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the health equity movement, and engage with the world with dignity and respect.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job