VHA AmeriCorps VISTA Member
Virginia Housing Alliance
About the organization
The Virginia Housing Alliance (VHA) and local partners are excited to announce the availability of fourteen (14) AmeriCorps VISTA Member positions to support affordable housing and homelessness services organizations transition into a more effective provider of housing and resources. The VISTA Member will work locally, share insights with other VHA VISTA Members placed across the state, and contribute to statewide efforts to expand affordable housing options and end homelessness.
VHA’s focus areas are:
Advocacy through developing and promoting a legislative and policy agenda that addresses State and Federal housing and homelessness issues.
Education through conferences, learning collaboratives, and the implementation of VA-HELP, a statewide training center.
Resources and Program Support through news and research reports and direct technical assistance to organizations and communities.
VISTA Members work with community leaders, site supervisors, and VHA to build community capacity by:
- Developing resources to increase development capacity and enhance organizational stability
- Building strategic partnerships that advance efforts to end homelessness
- Enhancing community engagement in affordable housing efforts
- Improving data quality and use in decision making
- Promoting best practices in affordable housing development and homelessness services
We are currently recruiting for a full-time AmeriCorps VISTA Member to serve for 14 sites for one year starting August 17, 2020. To find these listings and apply online, please visit my.americorps.gov.
- Associate’s degree; at least 18 years of age; U.S. Citizen, National, or Legal Resident
- Commitment to a one-year service term, 40 hours per week
- Ability to live in the service location
- Looking for applicants with organizational and communication skills who are committed, passionate, and quick learners, and who take initiative and think critically
- Experience and/or interest in community collaboration and organizing
- Project management experience with the ability to manage project deadlines
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in homelessness, housing, and nonprofit management is a plus
Approx. $12,000/yr (varies by location)
Contact email: [email protected]
Applications must be submitted through the AmeriCorps online system to receive consideration. Please visit my.americorps.gov to search for the opportunity listings for Virginia Housing Alliance.
How to Apply Instructions:
Go to my.americorps.gov website.
- Click the “Search Listings” button at bottom of website.
- Under “Program Name” type in “Virginia Housing Alliance / VA Housing Alliance.”
- Click on the site of interest.
- Read through the assignment description and, click “Apply Now!”
- Create profile.
- Submit application to interest project(s)
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job