USPSC Support Relief Group (SRG) Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor
U.S. Agency for International Development
About the organization
The Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) requires the services of Support Relief Group (SRG) Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisors to support BHA’s efforts to monitor activity (project) performance systematically and effectively, and ensure BHA’s strategies and programs are effective, efficient, relevant, accountable, and impactful.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED
The M&E Advisor will perform a combination of the following duties and responsibilities:
● Provide technical assistance to third-party monitoring (TPM) contracts for the design and implementation of monitoring systems.
● Review monitoring approaches, indicators, and evaluation methods proposed in proposals for humanitarian response, early recovery, risk reduction, and resilience programs.
● Review semi-annual and annual results reports submitted by implementing partners; identify challenges and lessons learned, synthesize and aggregate data, and prepare summary reports.
● Assess needs for remote monitoring when necessary; advise appropriate remote monitoring approaches and tools; review third-party statements of work; provide technical support to TPM contracts; review appropriate and relevant reports.
● Independently lead, advise on, and contribute to the development and implementation of evaluations, indicators, surveys, measurement approaches, and learning practices, including assisting with evaluation and selection of prospective monitoring and evaluation awards.
● Provide technical assistance to BHA, Missions, and partners’ staff to design and implement monitoring systems for humanitarian response, early recovery, risk reduction, and resilience programs.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
(Determines basic eligibility for the position. Offerors who do not meet all of the education and
experience factors are considered NOT qualified for the position.)
A Bachelor’s degree with significant study in or pertinent to the specialized field: economics, agricultural economics, biostatistics, statistics, international development, or other related fields with course work and experience in quantitative techniques or analysis plus a minimum of seven (7) years of experience working in monitoring and evaluation as it is practiced in the field of humanitarian assistance or resilience programs.
A Master’s degree with significant study in or pertinent to the specialized field: economics, agricultural economics, biostatistics, statistics, international development, or other related fields with course work and experience in quantitative techniques or analysis plus five (5) years of experience working in monitoring and evaluation as it is practiced in the field of humanitarian assistance or resilience programs.
A PhD from an accredited U.S. or internationally recognized institution with experience in data analysis, or in a field with a focus on econometrics or statistics, or other related fields with quantitative coursework, plus a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in humanitarian assistance or resilience programs.
$84,546 - $109,908
Contact email: [email protected]
**Please visit http://www.bhajobs.net for the full solicitation for this position.**
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job