USPSC Support Relief Group (SRG) Generalist (Multiple Positions)
USAID/Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA)
About the organization
The Support Relief Group (SRG) is a program developed by BHA to satisfy its growing need for surge capacity. The primary roles of SRG contactors include intermittent backfill for permanent staff overseas, covering vacancies domestically, and responding to numerous disasters worldwide in a timely manner. Currently, about half of all SRG activations are domestic and half are overseas in various capacities.
The SRG program brings on board select candidates who work for discrete periods, on an intermittent basis for no more than 250 days per calendar year, and can be deployed within hours to facilitate BHA’s response to disasters, or to backfill staff in Washington and other locations.
SRG staff can be used for as little as a day or up to several months at a time. SRG positions are contracted for an initial period of one year with the option to extend up to five years.
**For the complete list of duties and responsibilities for this position, please view the solicitation at www.bhajobs.net.**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Serve in leadership, planning, or program positions on response teams, assessment teams, or to provide coverage for field offices and BHA headquarters.
● Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of BHA’s program strategy and the implementation of the resulting awards.
● Support the development of crisis, scenario, and contingency disaster response plans.
● Manage team efforts to develop appropriate programmatic strategies for disaster responses and disaster risk reduction efforts.
● Serve as lead technical expert (food security, protection, health, nutrition, monitoring and evaluation, data, shelter and settlements, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, wildfire, supply chain, safety and security, etc.) for humanitarian or resilience interventions supported by BHA.
● Provide technical and organizational leadership within BHA, within the USG, and through helping to develop and represent policy and technical positions to advance BHA’s technical-related work.
**For the education and experience requirements for this position, please view the solicitation at www.bhajobs.net.**
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
(Determines basic eligibility for the position. Offerors who do not meet all of the education and experience factors are considered NOT qualified for the position.)
High school diploma or equivalent plus at least eleven (11) years of experience supporting, managing, advising, or leading the operations, policy, or programming of an international organization. This includes a government agency, national or international Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), or an international business. Relevant experience and responsibilities must be related to international relations, human rights, international economics, food assistance, public health, disaster management, emergency relief or humanitarian assistance. Please note, experience can be derived from paid work, unpaid work (volunteering), education, internships, or military.
One (1) year of experience in relief or humanitarian assistance efforts to resource-restricted or underserved communities or with donor funding organizations or non government organizations. This experience can be either domestic or international.
$95,973 - $124,764
Contact email: [email protected]
Please visit www.bhajobs.net for the full solicitation for this position
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job