USPSC Senior Disaster Operations Specialist (SDOS) (Multiple Positions)
USAID/Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance
About the organization
The Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) is the office within USAID that is responsible for providing emergency non-food humanitarian assistance in response to international crises and disasters. OFDA is part of the Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA) and is organized into six divisions.
*For the complete list of duties and responsibilities for this position please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader for the assigned ALE region of responsibility, the SDOS will perform the following:
• Monitor incipient disasters, international disaster response plans and efforts, and major humanitarian issues and challenges in the area of responsibility through a wide range of USG and international sources;
• Review and monitor national disaster risk reduction efforts and plans in the area of responsibility in collaboration with the regional team;
• Assist in identifying humanitarian issues, priorities, lessons learned, and opportunities in the region of responsibility and applying those to program strategy development and implementation;
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of political, humanitarian, organizational, structural and stakeholder interests specific to the region of responsibility;
• Prepare and/or provide substantive assistance in the preparation of regular strategic and analytical reports on current or anticipated emergencies, as well as comprehensive preparedness documentation on assigned countries; and
• Serve as a resource for program-related planning efforts to include event and scenario based contingency planning.
**For the education and experience requirements for this position please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
Bachelor’s degree with significant study in, or pertinent to, the specialized field (including, but not limited to, international relations, political science, and disaster management) and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience with the USG, Private Voluntary Organization (PVO), NGO, IO or UN Agency. Such experience must have a humanitarian focus and include progressive responsibility in determining budget levels, selecting programs for funding, and managing and evaluating funded programs in a results type framework. Experience must include a minimum of two (2) years directly managing assistance awards. Experience must include at least one (1) year of on-the-ground field experience in needs assessment, analysis, emergency relief program operations, or post-emergency rehabilitation.
Master’s Degree with significant study in, or pertinent to, the specialized field (including, but not limited to, international relations, political science, and disaster management) and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience with the USG, PVO, NGO, IO or UN Agency. Such experience must have a humanitarian focus and include progressive responsibility in determining budget levels, selecting programs for funding, and managing and evaluating funded programs in a results type framework.
$99,172 - $128,920
Contact email: [email protected]
**Please see http://www.ofdajobs.net for full solicitation for this position.**
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job