USPSC Safety and Security Specialist
USAID/Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) b. Organization Type: Government Agency/Public Sector
About the organization
Safety and security are vital to humanitarian programming and field operations. As part of the Field Operations Division, the core function of the Humanitarian Access Safety and Security Team (HASST) is to provide technical expertise and operational support to BHA’s decision makers and staff. The HASST achieves this through:
1. Providing multi-tiered engagement and assistance to support safety and security capacity- building within the humanitarian community;
2. Serving as technical advisor to fulfill BHA’s commitment to fostering a culture of effective safety and security risk management through innovative and appropriate safety and security management solutions;
3. Empowering staff to make responsible decisions through the provision of training, analysis, and other support appropriate to the complex security environments in which we operate; and
4. Developing innovative tools and systems that enable BHA’s mission and field work.
**For the complete list of duties and responsibilities for this position, please view the solicitation at www.bhajobs.net.**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SSS will be responsible for providing support to various operational and policy aspects of the SSU portfolio.
The SSS will provide support on various operational and policy aspects of the HASST portfolio and will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
● Monitoring security situations in countries and regions in which BHA has, or may have, staff, and be able to identify current and future risks to BHA staff and humanitarian programs.
● Work with BHA’s geographic offices and regional teams, both at headquarters and in the field, to coordinate and track the activities of BHA staff as they relate to security.
● Provide general and country-specific security guidance and briefings to BHA staff, as needed.
● Assist in BHA’s management of critical security incidents.
● Deploy to the field in support of the geographic offices and their regional teams’ operational safety and security needs, including comprehensive risk assessments and development of safety and security risk management plans.
● Exercise substantial latitude for operational security decision-making as delegated by field- team leaders.
● Manage course content and serve as a resource speaker on established HASST training modules at BHA training courses, as appropriate.
**For the education and experience requirements for this position, please view the solicitation at www.bhajobs.net.**
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
(Determines basic eligibility for the position. Offerors who do not meet all of the education and experience factors are considered NOT qualified for the position.)
High School diploma and at least eleven (11) years of relevant work experience in humanitarian assistance, emergency management, international development, safety and security operations, crisis management, or law enforcement. At least two (2) years should be fieldwork in humanitarian or development security, programming, logistics, or operations.
Bachelor’s degree and at least seven (7) years of relevant work experience in humanitarian assistance, emergency management, international development, safety and security operations, crisis management, or law enforcement. At least two (2) years should be field work in humanitarian or development security, programming, logistics, or operations.
Master’s degree and at least five (5) years of relevant work experience in humanitarian assistance, emergency management, international development, safety and security operations, crisis management, or law enforcement. At least two (2) years should be field work, in humanitarian or development security, programming, logistics, or operations.
$ 106,823 - $ 138,868
Contact email: [email protected]
Please visit www.bhajobs.net for the full solicitation for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job