USPSC Risk Management Advisor
USAID/Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance
About the organization
Risk Management Advisors (RIMAs) play a central role in the USG’s disaster response, humanitarian assistance, and disaster risk reduction programs. The RIMA assists program teams in assessing and mitigating programmatic risk; liaises with auditors and coordinates audit responses; and ensures that USAID-funded humanitarian response programs adhere to policy guidelines and USG regulations. The RIMA focuses on developing, assessing, and strengthening risk assessments, managing audit responses, and ensuring compliance with USG policies, procedures, and standards at headquarters, and in field operations. The RIMA develops and maintains tracking and record-keeping systems on audit, risk, and compliance issues and advises of potential violations of laws and regulations. The RIMA ensures program integrity by advising program teams on USG’s grant regulations and procedures, and supporting FFP and OFDA program staff on monitoring and responding to issues of concern. The position is based in D.C.
**For the complete list of duties and responsibilities for this position, please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
At the GS-13 Equivalent Level:
• Support program teams in developing and/or strengthening internal controls, ensuring compliance with USG rules and regulations, and advising on the implications of audits, criminal investigations, and any policy or regulatory changes.
• Support the risk assessment and risk management process to ensure consistent compliance with USAID and USG requirements.
• Support and advise program staff and management on monitoring and responding to issues of concern regarding misuse, diversions, fraud, investigations, and audits of awards.
• Liaise with the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and support the program team on audits and/or investigations within the assigned portfolio.
Agency and USG Liaison and Representation:
• Coordinate and liaise with USAID’s Office of General Counsel (GC), OIG, and the Department of Treasury on legal and audit matters.
• Act as the primary coordinator for queries and data calls related to risk, compliance, audits, and investigations from GC, OIG, Congress or senior USAID staff and ensure a timely and appropriate response.
At the GS-14 Equivalent Level:
At this grade level, the RIMA will demonstrate expert competence in the duties and responsibilities described below. He/She will perform these duties and responsibilities with little to no guidance and minimal supervisory direction.
**For the education and experience requirements for this position, please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
Determines basic eligibility for the position. Offerors who do not meet all of the education and experience factors are considered NOT qualified for the position.
Bachelor’s degree with significant study in or pertinent to the specialized field (including, but not limited to, international relations, public or business administration, law, project management, or financial management) plus seven (7) years of relevant experience in program management, legal, internal audit, internal controls, compliance or risk management, including three (3) years of experience in international development, humanitarian assistance programs, or management and oversight of USG-funded grants and/or contracts. OR
Master’s degree with significant study in or pertinent to the specialized field (including, but not limited to, international relations, public or business administration, law, project management, or financial management) plus five (5) years of relevant experience in program management, legal, internal audit, internal controls, compliance or risk management, including two (2) years of experience in international development, humanitarian assistance programs, or management and oversight of USG-funded grants and/or contracts.
$102,663 - $157,709
Contact email: [email protected]
**Please visit http://www.ofdajobs.net for the full solicitation for this position.**
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job