USPSC Response Readiness Specialist
USAID/Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA)
About the organization
The Response Staffing Support Team (RSST) in the Office of Field and Response Operations (FARO) supports the office’s readiness, resources, and operational capacity to deliver lifesaving assistance during a response. The RSST manages, coordinates, and maintains the office’s disaster response readiness in terms of staffing and response requirements. The RSST also manages and monitors the BHA’s Personnel, Experience, Training, Equipment and Readiness (PETER) portfolio; supports and tracks Position Task Book (PTB) implementation; oversees the Responsible Units (RUs) and reports as needed to the Management Council (MOC) and others on availability of qualified staff for various Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) and Response Management Team (RMT) positions; tracks staff readiness, PTBs, training, skills, language, deployment history, for reporting and recommending staff for appropriate DART and RMT positions; and manages on-call DART and on-call RMT readiness per Response Management S
**For the complete list of duties and responsibilities for this position, please view the solicitation at www.bhajobs.net.**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Response Readiness Specialist will support and undertake the following activities. He/she will be assisted with this portfolio by other Response Readiness Specialists and occasional additional part-time staff. The Response Readiness Specialist, in consultation with the RSST Leader, and other stakeholders, will:
● Support and monitor BHA’s Personnel, Experience, Training, Equipment, and Readiness (PETER) system, including:
○ Monitoring implementation and provide support to the RUs.
○ Reporting on staffing readiness.
○ Initiating and facilitating periodic discussions of assumptions and conclusions with the goal of updating it to maintain ongoing relevance to BHA’s current operating environment.
● Support Position Task Book Implementation:
○ Track completed PTBs.
○ Support linkage between RMS and PTB processes.
○ Support RUs and report as needed on availability of qualified staff for various DART and RMT positions.
● Track staff readiness, PTBs, training, skills, language, deployment history, etc. for reporting and recommending staff for appropriate DART and RMT positions via the PETER system.
● Coordinate on-call DART and on-call RMT readiness per RMS requirements. In close consultation with Management Council and RUs, develop and experiment with new / improved systems to ensure response readiness.
**For the education and experience requirements for this position, please view the solicitation at www.bhajobs.net.**
(Determines basic eligibility for the position. Applicants who do not meet all of the education and experience factors are considered NOT qualified for the position.)
Bachelor’s degree with significant study in or pertinent to the specialized field (including, but not limited to, international relations, disaster management, contingency planning, or a related field), plus seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience working in emergency relief and humanitarian assistance or related field.
Master’s degree with significant study in or pertinent to the specialized field (including, but not limited to, international relations, disaster management, contingency planning, or a related field), plus five (5) years of progressively responsible experience working in emergency relief and humanitarian assistance or related field.
$103,690 - $134,798
Contact email: [email protected]
**Please visit www.bhajobs.net for the full solicitation for this position.**
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job