USPSC Public Health and Nutrition Technical Advisor (Multiple Positions)
USAID/Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance
About the organization
The PHN Technical Advisor is an integral part of the OFDA Health Team. OFDA addresses acute health risks associated with disasters with a strong focus on identifying and managing health risks in complex humanitarian emergencies. In natural and complex emergencies, excess morbidity and mortality often result from malnutrition, diarrheal diseases, malaria, and acute respiratory infections. These conditions disproportionately affect vulnerable groups (children under five years of age, the elderly, people with disabilities, and women). The HN sector in the Health team provides technical assistance to OFDA including assessments, proposal reviews, risk management, capacity building and technical innovations to address the major causes of excess morbidity and mortality. Typical OFDA Health and Nutrition interventions include provision of life saving health and nutrition services for vulnerable and internally displaced populations affected by either natural or complex disaster.
**For the complete list of duties and responsibilities for this position please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
The OFDA Public Health and Nutrition Technical Advisor will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Provide expert technical advice for humanitarian health interventions for disaster response to USAID and OFDA staff based in Washington, D.C. and field offices.
• Conduct public health assessments of vulnerable populations and make expert recommendations for appropriate relief activities.
• Facilitate and coordinate USG emergency technical response activities with the USAID Bureau for Global Health, Missions, other donor agencies, and the U.S. Embassy.
• Develop and implement evaluations to determine the effectiveness of OFDA funded public health projects with implementing partners.
• Represent OFDA in emergency public health discussions and activities, serve as a USG emergency health sector resource, and provide technical and organizational leadership in sectoral activity as the primary technical expert for emergency health interventions.
• Lead OFDA's approach to health activities, formulate sector strategies and recommendations for both emergency response and disaster risk reduction, and provide technical support for OFDA field offices, other offices within USAID, and to OFDA's PSPM Division.
• Exercise independent judgment and decision-making related to humanitarian health activities, both in the U.S. and in the field.
**For the education and experience requirements for this position please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
Master's Degree in Public Health with extensive relevant experience and training in, but not limited to, international/public health, or epidemiology will be considered. In addition, a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience working in humanitarian relief and response, of which at least three (3) years were obtained overseas, working in the emergency public health sector, is required.
(Determines basic eligibility for the position. Offerors who do not meet all of the selection factors are considered NOT qualified for the position.)
● Offerors is a U.S. Citizen.
● Complete resume submitted. See cover page for resume requirements. Experience that cannot be quantified will not be counted towards meeting the solicitation requirements.
● USPSC Application form AID 309-2. Offerors are required to complete sections A through I. This form must be physically signed. Electronic signatures will not be accepted.
● Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret up to Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information level clearance as provided by USAID.
● Ability to obtain a Department of State medical clearance.
● Must not appear as an excluded party in the System for Award Management (SAM.gov).
● Satisfactory verification of academic credentials.
$99,172 - $128,920
Contact email: [email protected]
**Please see http://www.ofdajobs.net for full solicitation for this position.**
Position Title: Public Health and Nutrition Technical Advisor (Multiple Positions)
Solicitation Number: 720FDA19B00045
Salary Level: GS-13 Equivalent: $99,172 - $128,920
Issuance Date: June 12, 2019
Closing Date: July 24, 2019
Closing Time: 12:00 P.M. Eastern Time
Via email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job