USPSC, Program Operations Assistant (Multiple Positions)
USAID/Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance
About the organization
The Program Operations Assistant (POA) plays a central role in OFDA’s work by supporting the HPGE division’s efforts in humanitarian policy and global engagement.
**For the complete list of duties and responsibilities for this position please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Division Director and Deputy Division Director with the implementation of HPGE’s strategy with international organizations (IOs), NGOs, and other partners worldwide for all functional areas, and especially in the areas of coordination and organizational effectiveness.
• Assist in responding to inquiries, perform outreach services, and facilitate their access to OFDA staff. Prepare background information to support requests for information on OFDA programs from internal and external inquiries.
• Participate in the preparation of background research, memoranda, and briefing papers for OFDA and other parts of USAID on humanitarian work streams.
• Provide support to HPGE for a wide range of administrative functions.
• Draft a variety of documentation, correspondence, and reports involving humanitarian policy and global outreach to ensure regular engagement is maintained with identified key individuals and organizations. Track trends in interagency and Public International Organization relationships and keep the Division Director and Deputy Division Director informed at all times.
• Facilitate communications between OFDA divisions and with various offices within USAID for team-specific work stream developments and activities through information products and engagement.
**For the education and experience requirements for this position please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
(Determines basic eligibility for the position. Offerors who do not meet all of the education and experience factors are considered NOT qualified for the position.)
Bachelor’s degree with significant study in, or pertinent to, the specialized field (including, but not limited to, international relations, political science, and disaster management) and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience with the USG, Private Voluntary Organization (PVO)/NGO, IO, or UN Agency.
Master’s Degree with significant study in, or pertinent to, the specialized field (including, but not limited to, international relations, political science, and disaster management) and a minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience with the USG, Private Voluntary Organization (PVO)/NGO, IO, or UN Agency.
$69,581 - $90,461
Contact email: [email protected]
**Please visit http://www.ofdajobs.net for the full solicitation for this position.**
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job