USPSC Logistics Specialist
USAID/Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance
About the organization
The Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) is the office within USAID that is responsible for providing emergency non-food humanitarian assistance in response to international crises and disasters. OFDA is part of the Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA) and is organized into six divisions.
**For the complete list of duties and responsibilities for this position please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
**For the education and experience requirements for this position please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
The Logistics Specialist will provide support for various operational aspects of OPS, as listed below:
Rapid Onset and Complex Emergency Response
• Coordinate with OFDA/Disaster Response Divisions to plan logistics responses to declared disasters, including Urban Search and Rescue (USAR), airlift, sealift, local purchase of disaster relief supplies, and supply chain support;
• Implement and maintain a complete information tracking system that contains detailed and accurate data about logistical responses and on quantities of material dispatched for specific disasters;
• As needed, serve as a technical authority on field assessment missions on DARTs which may require immediate (within 24 hours) deployment overseas for an extended period of time;
• When in the field, assess the host nation's capability to provide an effective response to specific logistical issues especially in the areas of warehousing, air, sea and ground transportation; and
• Employ the International Assistance Systems Concept of Operations during response activation to support domestic response activities.
Procurement and Transport
• Assist in the procurement of emergency relief commodities and services; and
• Manage current procurement mechanisms, transport contracts, and other third party contracts, and assist in the modifications of awards as necessary.
$99,172 - $128,920
Contact email: [email protected]
**Please visit http://www.ofdajobs.net for the full solicitation for this position.**
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job