USPSC Field Operations Desk Officer (Multiple Positions)
USAID/Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA)
About the organization
The Field Platform Operations (FPO) Team sits within the Field Operations Division within FARO. The FPO Team coordinates administrative operations and oversees the financial management of BHA’s administrative budgets and procurement activities for its field platforms--which include USAID Missions,
U.S. Embassies, and stand-alone offices, as well as U.S. Missions to the United Nations, Department of Defense Combatant Commands, and Disaster Assistance Response Teams (DARTs). It administers entitlements for field staff, as well as for civil-military staff, and ensures consistency in the application of policy across all BHA field platforms. The FPO Team manages a budget of $56 million and oversees the operational and administrative support of about 56 field platforms.
**For the complete list of duties and responsibilities for this position, please view the solicitation at www.bhajobs.net.**
At the GS-9 Level:
The Field Operations Desk Officers will:
● Serve as primary respondent to field-initiated inquiries in support of BHA field platforms and staff.
● Support BHA program-funded field staff’s permanent change of station by tracking onboarding actions and maintaining permanent change of station checklists, researching and maintaining resources intended to prepare field staff to live and work overseas, assisting in the preparation of cables and circulating for clearances, and staying up-to-date on changes to policy impacting staff allowances, entitlements, and travel.
● Monitor pertinent travel legislation, policies, and directives, both internal and external.
● Assist in financial and budgeting actions using USAID and BHA financial systems.
● Maintain budget and finance related records for BHA’s overseas offices administrative and operational costs.
● Maintain internal resources including, but not limited to: an updated and standardized filing system of personnel and country office files, a tracking system for BHA field staff, and shared inbox for regional portfolio management.
● Assist in the preparation of memorandum of understanding (MOU) for service agreements between BHA and supporting regional USAID missions.
**For the education and experience requirements for this position, please view the solicitation at www.bhajobs.net.**
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
(Determines basic eligibility for the position. Offerors who do not meet all of the education and experience factors are considered NOT qualified for the position.)
For the GS-9 equivalent level:
High School Diploma plus a minimum of six (6) years of work experience with responsibilities related to project management, operational or administrative management, financial management, personnel support, procurement, humanitarian assistance operations, or emergency management.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two (2) years of work experience with responsibilities related to project management, operational or administrative management, financial management, personnel support, procurement, humanitarian assistance operations, or emergency management.
Master’s degree and a minimum of one (1) year of work experience with responsibilities related to project management, operational or administrative management, financial management, personnel support, procurement, humanitarian assistance operations, or emergency management.
GS-09 ($61,947 - $80,532), GS-11 ($74,950 - $97,430) or GS-12 ($89,834 - $116,788)
Contact email: [email protected]
Please visit www.bhajobs.net for the full solicitation for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job