USPSC, Diaspora Specialist
USAID/Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance
About the organization
The HPGE Division serves as the principal focal point for humanitarian policy development, engagement, and institutional relationship with international organizations and other donor governments. The PPET provides resources and conducts public awareness activities designed to empower private donors to most effectively help people affected by disasters overseas.
**For the complete list of duties and responsibilities for this position please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
• Engage USG and USAID staff, diaspora groups, community-level actors, members of the general public, and other stakeholders on matters pertaining to diaspora engagement for humanitarian assistance.
• Assist in the development and implementation of partnerships and engagement opportunities for diaspora and other relevant stakeholders.
• Proactively cultivate ongoing and future partnerships with diaspora groups and other relevant stakeholders in support of PPET activities.
• Take initiative to liaise with diaspora organizations and other relevant stakeholders and to lead outreach activities in support of PPET initiatives.
• Coordinate with embassies based in Washington, D.C. to facilitate and to promote diaspora engagement for humanitarian assistance.
**For the education and experience requirements for this position please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
(Determines basic eligibility for the position. Offerors who do not meet all of the education and experience factors are considered NOT qualified for the position.)
Bachelor’s degree with significant study in or pertinent to the specialized field (including, but not limited to, humanitarian assistance, international development, international relations, public policy, social sciences, disaster management or a related field) plus three (3) years of work experience with the USG, Private Voluntary Organizations (PVOs), NGOs, PIOs, or a UN Agency, with direct experience working on diaspora engagement, humanitarian assistance, or a related field, including two (2) years working on diaspora related issues.
Master’s degree with significant study in or pertinent to the specialized field (including, but not
limited to, humanitarian assistance, international development, international relations, public policy, social sciences, disaster management or a related field) plus two (2) years of work experience with the USG, PVOs, NGOs, PIOs, or a UN Agency, with direct experience working on diaspora engagement, humanitarian assistance, or a related field on diaspora related issues.
$69,581 - $90,461
Contact email: [email protected]
**Please visit http://www.ofdajobs.net for the full solicitation for this position.**
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job