USPSC Agriculture and Food Security Advisor
USAID/Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance
About the organization
The Food Security and Livelihoods Team, within the PSPM Division advises OFDA and DCHA Senior Management on food security, livelihood, and agriculture issues for populations at risk in famine, conflict, or disaster affected areas. The Food Security and Livelihoods Team supports global initiatives, but the primary geographic emphasis is on Africa. The team’s objectives are to:
● Ensure that the projects OFDA supports are of the highest technical quality and maximize impact for local communities and globally.
● Monitor existing programs, meet with partner staff, advise on strategy, participate in disaster assistance response teams and ensure effective responses.
● Advance the overall practice and knowledge base of the Food Security and Livelihoods sector and promote best practices.
● Promote USAID’s humanitarian voice through active participation and leadership in interagency and global fora.
**For the complete list of duties and responsibilities for this position, please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
● Provides critical field-level assessments of the agricultural situation as it relates to food security. Applies assessment information to programming decisions, based on a thorough understanding of the seed security framework, seed system security assessments, and how both the framework and assessment information inform emergency programming in the agricultural sector.
● Actively represents USAID/OFDA in emergency agriculture and food security sector discussions and activities. Provides expert technical and organizational leadership in sectoral activity commensurate with the role as a primary resource person for emergency agriculture and food security.
● Guides OFDA thinking on agriculture and food security activities, and formulates sector strategies and recommendations, both for response and disaster risk reduction, and provide expert technical support for OFDA field offices, other offices within USAID, and to OFDA’s PSPM Division for the agriculture and food security sector.
● Responsible for program planning in area of expertise and informing USAID management of potential issues associated thereof.
**For the education and experience requirements for this position, please view the solicitation at www.ofdajobs.net.**
Bachelor’s degree with significant study in or pertinent to the specialized field (including, but not limited to, international relations, human rights, economics, food policy, public health, gender studies, disaster management, or a related field plus nine (9) years of progressively responsible experience working in emergency relief and humanitarian assistance. Three (3) years of this experience must be field (domestic or overseas).
Master’s degree with significant study in or pertinent to the specialized field (including, but not limited to, international relations, human rights, economics, food policy, public health, gender studies, disaster management, or a related field plus seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience working in emergency relief and humanitarian assistance. Three (3) years of this experience must be field (domestic or overseas).
Contact email: [email protected]
**Please visit http://www.ofdajobs.net for the full solicitation for this position.**
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job