USAID Youth and Leadership Development Specialist (Remote)
Jefferson Consulting Group
About the organization
Jefferson Solutions, the government consulting company of Jefferson Consulting Group, a well-respected, woman-owned small business in Washington, D.C. seeks highly qualified individuals to serve as a Youth and Leadership Development Specialist (Remote) in support of USAID Africa Bureau's Office of Sustainable Development.
We are seeking a Youth and Leadership Development Specialist for a period of six months/100 working days, with a possible extension for an additional six months/100 working days, starting in May 2022. The incumbent will join the YALI Core Design Team and assume technical leadership on drafting a Request for Proposals (RFP)/Request for Applications (RFA) and all associated procurement documents and actions for the forthcoming YALI 2030 initiative and provide subsequent support as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, include but are not limited to:
- Under the Core Design Team’s leadership, assist with the analysis of two virtual listening sessions (one in DC, one in the field) in response to to-be-issued RFI
- Capture key points and lead discussions with the YALI Core Design Team on what elements may or may not be included in the RFP/RFA
- Oversee all technical aspects of the RFP/RFA, such as project development documents, performance management planning
- Guide and/or collaborate with staff on each required component of the RFA
- Coordinate with the Office of Acquisition and Assistance (OAA) on development of the full procurement package
- Provide oversight of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) section in close coordination with the MEL Lead
Serve on Technical Evaluation Committees as a non-voting member
- Provide mentoring and training to USAID and Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) Regional Leadership Center staff on technical drafting, as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completed RFP/RFA submitted to OAA
- Lead to completion all technical documentation and actions related to RFP/RFA.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to obtain FAC
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, International Development or other related discipline plus seven - years of experience in Education Sector, or
- Master’s degree in related discipline and five years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in program design, monitoring, evaluation and implementation of U.S. Government-funded activities
- Excellent writing skills and ability to write in a collaborative process; ability to meet deadlines
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job