USAID Senior Partner Engagement Specialist (Remote)
Jefferson Consulting Group
About the organization
Jefferson Solutions, the government consulting company of Jefferson Consulting Group, a well-respected, woman-owned small business in Washington, D.C. seeks highly qualified individuals to serve as Senior Partner Engagement Specialist (Remote) in support of USAID Africa Bureau's Office of Sustainable Development.
We are seeking a Senior Partner Engagement Specialist for a period of 6 months (100 working days) starting in May 2022, with a possible extension of an additional six months/100 days. This position will initially work with the current Partner Engagement Lead to provide a smooth transition and contribute additional support during a busy partner engagement period. The Senior Partner Engagement Specialist leads the overall YALI alliance building with the private sector, public sector and civil society and also increases the capacity of USAID staff to build and promote alliances.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Partner Engagement and Relationship Management
● Support leadership of overall YALI strategic planning and alliance building with the private sector, public sector and civil society
● Manage ongoing relationships with multiple public and private sector partners, e.g., corporations, financial institutions, major foundations, and/or international organizations
● Identify potential alliance partners and develop relationships that may lead to future alliances in key areas of priority to YALI; conduct due diligence research on proposed alliance partners
● Represent USAID in regional and international fora to promote public-private alliances around YALI
● Collaborate with current Partnership Engagement staff and Senior Communications Specialist to develop and implement communication strategy for external partners
● Oversee, and possibly expand, the implementation of YALI’s Stakeholder Engagement Plan in coordination with Regional Coordinators and the YALI team in Washington
● Develop talking points on private sector engagement for senior leadership
● Other duties as assigned
1. Updated partnership engagement strategy with clearly identified priorities, implementation plan, tracker, and articulation of division of labor on partnership team
2. Identify and begin recruitment of three new partners for YALI
3. Present two status reports (roughly after 3 months and 5 months) to leaders
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
● Active Secret Clearance is required
● Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Business, Education, Social Sciences, or other related discipline plus eight (8) years of relevant experience, or
● Master’s degree in related discipline plus five (5) years of relevant experience;
● Demonstrated experience in partnership development, strategic planning, and securing partnerships with specific focus on engaging the private sector.
● Experience with a diverse set of partners, such as civil society, foundation, bilateral donors, and other partners (preferred).
● Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work in a dynamic team environment with a diverse set of partners and stakeholders.
● Excellent writing skills and ability to write in a collaborative process, ability to meet deadlines.
● Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job