USAID Finance and Investment Specialist (Remote)
Jefferson Consulting Group
About the organization
Jefferson Solutions, the government consulting company of Jefferson Consulting Group, a well-respected, woman-owned small business in Washington, D.C. seeks highly qualified individuals to serve as a Finance and Investment Specialist (Remote) in support of USAID Africa Bureau's Office of Sustainable Development.
We are seeking seeks an experienced Finance and Investment Specialist for a short-term assignment. As a critical member of the EGEA Trade Team supporting Africa Bureau trade and investment objectives, including USAID’s direct contributions to Prosper Africa implementation (vs. the Prosper Africa Executive Secretariat’s (PAES) leadership and coordination of the initiative’s 17 interagency partners) and for implementation of the new Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) activity. The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Trade Team Lead, as well as provide direct support to the AFR/SD Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, but are not limited to:
- Support leadership through provision of technical expertise and advisory, facilitation, consultation, and coordination services to AFR/SD/EGEA on Prosper Africa implementation
- Support the EGEA Trade Team as it launches and operationalizes the ATI mechanism
- Facilitate Mission buy-ins and provide technical support to ATI activity development
- Support to the Prosper Africa Executive Secretariat (PAES) as assigned, in furtherance of coordination of the initiative
- Support the design, procurement, start-up, implementation, monitoring and close-out of EGEA trade and investment activities, with a primary emphasis on the new Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) mechanism. Promote and support AFR Missions to utilize EGEA trade and investment activities
- Support USAID Missions and Washington offices in securing trade and investment deals with the private sector through the forthcoming Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) Program
- Facilitate engagement of external partners, potential implementers, other donors and private sector entities as assigned, to develop and strengthen USAID’s Prosper Africa activities
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Active Secret Clearance
- Master’s degree in a relevant field including trade, economics, finance, business, or a related degree.
7 plus years’ directly relevant development experience
- Demonstrated experience in designing and managing international trade and investment activities, with at least two (2) years’ experience in an international or resource challenged setting
- Demonstrated U.S. Government and Mission specific experience with program design, and monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Demonstrated experience with U.S. Government Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Must be able to write well and persuasively under pressure/deadline
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job