U.S. Immersion Manager
About the organization
buildOn is a not for profit organization working to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy, and low expectations through service and education. buildOn runs intensive community service and service-learning programs in 40 high schools across the U.S. and empowers youth to contribute direct service to their communities – working with senior citizens, people experiencing homelessness, and younger children. Through buildOn, students learn to see themselves as the solution, not the problem. They elevate expectations for their communities and themselves. And they develop the character, grit, and determination they need to succeed. 98% of buildOn students in the U.S. not only graduate from high school, but they also go on to college! These same students help build schools in some of the economically poorest countries in the world, bringing access to education to those who need it most. buildOn students have contributed more than 2.3 million hours of service in the U.S. and have helped build
• Coordinate buildOn U.S. involvement in all external-facing fund development, marketing, and stakeholder engagement opportunities to sustain and grow financial support for buildOn U.S.
• Plan and facilitate Partnership Program sessions for students and adult volunteers.
• Coordinate logistics for each Partnership Program session, including meeting space, student transportation, and food.
• Strengthen Partnership Program curriculum, structure, and processes individually and collaboratively.
• Strengthen the Constructive Leadership curriculum, structure, and processes individually and collaboratively.
• Coordinate student, school, and community integration for various immersions and events.
• Lead student preparation for storytelling or activities related to immersions and events.
• Coordinate service projects for students and donors and lead them alongside buildOn U.S. team members.
• Cultivate and generate revenue from Immersion participants post Immersions through the donor journey process.
• Meet or exceed a revenue goal to help fund buildOn U.S. schools and programming.
• Help facilitate the collection of data and content to report on buildOn U.S. programs to funders.
• With Program Director’s collaboration, manage additional buildOn U.S. team support for all external
initiatives as necessary.
• Maintain consistent, excellent communication with the V.P. of U.S. Immersions Director, Program Director, and applicable buildOn U.S.
• Personal commitment to buildOn’s mission – the power of service to change lives, communities, and the world
• Committed to buildOn’s core values of empowerment, responsibility, and compassion
• Is gritty - tries really hard and never gives up on the mission and getting results.
• Invested in continual growth and learning through ongoing discovery, execution, and reflection
• Exceptionally skilled at considering and incorporating a variety of perspectives in events and activities
• An intense focus on creating and launching only the highest quality, most compelling, and dynamic work possible.
• Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization.
• Strives to provide consistently high internal and external stakeholder satisfaction.
• Skilled at planning and delivering oral, written, and visual communications and stories that impact and persuade their intended audiences.
• Superb organization skills
• Strong facilitation and public speaking skills
• Donor Stewardship or Fundraising experience is preferred but not required
• Adaptive and flexible in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
• Disciplined with time to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Relevant educational background (Bachelor’s degree required)
Contact email: [email protected]
Resume and Cover Letter
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply