Service Employees International Union
UNION ORGANIZER Annual Salary Pay range: $45,000- $55, 000/YR
Job Location: Pueblo, Colorado
Colorado WINS has been on the cutting edge of building the power state employees in Colorado and fighting for economic, racial, immigrant and environmental justice. We are now hiring organizers in Pueblo, Colorado for this campaign that will establish collective bargaining rights for 30,000 state employees.
Colorado state employees preserve and protect the things Coloradans love about the state. They care for veterans and those with disabilities; maintain the safety and use of state roads and bridges; protect the quality of drinking water and air; provide stewardship to public lands and boost tourism; and provide many other essential services to keep Colorado communities secure and safe.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducting broad and intensive outreach efforts to state workers.
• Building one-on-one relationships with workers.
• Identifying and developing leaders to guide and lead campaigns.
• Conducting individual/group meetings with workers to discuss and plan organizing campaigns.
• Motivating individual workers and groups of workers to become union members, take action to build their union, and lead other state workers to do the same.
• Coordinating with workers to gather information that is useful in identifying opportunities for membership growth and mobilization.
• Other duties as assigned
• Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
• Ability and willingness to travel on an occasion basis.
• Capacity to work independently and with a team.
• The ability to make and follow through on a work plan.
• Sharp communications skills.
• Basic writing and computer skills.
• The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Willingness to conduct house visits and site visits.
• Previous experience in union or community organizing is desirable.
• A demonstrated commitment to social justice is required
• A car for work purposes, a valid driver's license and auto insurance are required.
• Ability and willingness to travel, as needed.
SALARY & BENEFITS
• Annual salary range is $45,000 - $55,000 with full benefits package including health insurance, a pension plan, paid vacation and monthly car and cell phone allowance. This is a full-time, salaried, over-time exempt position.
If offered a position, you will be required to relocate to Pueblo, Colorado, if you currently do not reside in Pueblo. Relocation costs are not covered by SEIU.
A cover letter is required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for Colorado WINS, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ytxbv964mgst5zm5
$45000 - $55000
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job