Uganda Director of Operations and Development
Supporting Opportunities for Ugandans to Learn (S.O.U.L.) Foundation
About the organization
Built upon a foundation of trust and collaborative solutions, S.O.U.L.
Foundation focuses on using a community-development driven model to eradicate poverty in
rural Eastern Uganda. Our main initiatives are education, maternal health, women's
empowerment, and food security. We have projects ranging from large-scale fish pond farming,
to goat rearing, women's leadership education, agriculture, pre-primary education, student
sponsorship and more. Once invested in these programs, community members emerge as
leaders and teachers for their fellow Ugandans.
S.O.U.L. Foundation seeks a motivated and dynamic candidate looking to gain a range of experiences in a growing international development organization. The Uganda Director of Operations & Development will oversee all staff and programs in a variety of capacities. The Director will work in close collaboration with the CEO/Founder, Uganda Program & Field Manager, Uganda staff, US Director of Operations, Director of Development, and other staff, board, and volunteers.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
● Resident of Uganda
● Strong statistical and analytical skills with the ability to effectively deduce conclusions
● Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with people from
● Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and Google applications
● Ability to take initiative and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
● Reliable, self-motivated and dynamic
● Ability to work in a team and form productive, supportive, and professional
relationships with staff
● Commitment to S.O.U.L. Foundation’s mission and vision
● Master’s Degree in a relevant field
● Experience with project and staff management in rural settings
● Experience in a number of sectors (e.g., education, economic empowerment, and
maternal health) that pertain to S.O.U.L. Foundation
Contact email: [email protected]
Submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job