Tribal Technical Assistance Programs Manager
California Coalition for Rural Housing
About the organization
The California Coalition for Rural Housing (CCRH) is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to ensure affordable housing opportunities for low-income households in California. Formed in 1976, CCRH is one of the oldest state low-income housing coalitions in the country. Through advocacy, community organizing, technical assistance, leadership development, research and education, our goal is to make the case for rural housing improvement and strengthen the capacity of the nonprofit and public sectors to provide affordable housing and related facilities.
The CCRH Tribal Technical Assistance Programs Manager will be responsible for carrying out CCRH's activities to support CCRH's mission and programming by providing affordable housing and community development related technical assistance and capacity-building with a focus on American Indian Tribal Communities and Tribal Designated Housing Entities (both of which are listed as “tribal communities” below). Based in Sacramento, this position supports statewide technical assistance and capacity-building, research, community engagement, as well as informing policy development. This position reports to the Senior Tribal Program Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
Technical Assistance - (70% time)
Program and Contract Management (20%)
Shared Office and Communications Responsibilities/General Admin (10% time)
• Should possess extensive knowledge and experience working with tribal communities, culture, customs, and tribal law • A minimum of a bachelor's degree in urban planning, public policy, community development, and at least 2 years of experience working the areas of housing development, planning, economic development, community development, or a closely related field; OR 6 years of work experience in these fields
• Experience working in diverse communities with strong cultural competency skills
• Developed research, analytical, and writing skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to foster strong relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers
• Advanced computer skills in the MS Suite of programs
$60,000 - $78,000
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply, please send PDF of resume and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject: Tribal Technical Assistance Programs Manager
Full .pdf of job description can be found here: https://www.calruralhousing.org/_files/ugd/8d7a46_efe2acc188464532b8d725bed6fe3be0.pdf
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job