Renewal Road Trips, Inc.
About the organization
Renewal Road Trips, Inc. (www.renewalroadtrips.com) is a newly launched startup company providing emerging adults (ages 18-30) coping with mental health and substance abuse issues a quest for self-discovery and healing across America. In a 24-day travel expedition of self-discovery and healing across America, in the company of a therapeutic guide (who is a licensed clinical psychologist), a travel/adventure guide, and 1-3 other fellow emerging adults pursuing renewal, a team of 4-6 people ventures to embrace new “people, places and things”, heal underlying traumas, and cultivate meaning, purpose and love. The itinerary is customized based on the passions and interests of the individual, yet is executed in a manner that explores the holistic dimensions of wellness to supplement consistent person-centered psychotherapy.
The Travel/Adventure Guide plays a crucial role in planning and executing a Renewal Road Trip from start to finish, and will be responsible for executing a range of tasks.
• Plan a 24-day itinerary for a road trip across America in tandem with Renewal Road Trips, while incorporating the mission of the trip, the preferences of the emerging adults, the recommendations of the therapeutic guide, and general travel constraints
• Lead operations related to the planning and implementation of the trip within a given budget (e.g., obtain passes to national parks, reserve hotels, find and coordinate service opportunities)
• Oversee the implementation of the itinerary on a daily basis, ensuring that everything is going according to plan, while making spontaneous adjustments as needed or merited
• Provide meaningful (yet non-clinical) counseling and mentorship to the emerging adults participating on the trip, thereby offering a valuable contribution to their journey of self-discovery and healing
• Lead and participate in various activities with the therapeutic guide and the emerging adults (outdoor events, service projects, recreational moments, etc.)
• Be able and licensed to drive a small recreational vehicle (RV), or SUV at least several hours per day, as needed
• Be trained in CPR and First Aid, and be prepared to handle emergencies should any arise (training in CPR and First Aid can occur immediately post-hire)
The ideal candidate: (1) has an entrepreneurial spirit and is excited about bringing new ideas and solutions into the world, (2) is comfortable operating in uncertainty, (3) possesses excellent organizational and decision-making skills, (4) can appreciate how travel and exposure to new experiences can improve one’s life and powerfully convey that to young people pursuing self-discovery and healing, and (5) has passion for, and experience in, working directly with young people, particularly those coping with mental health and substance abuse issues.
Contact email: [email protected]
If interested in the position, please send a cover letter and resume to Sean Campbell, Founder & CEO of Renewal Road Trips, Inc., at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply