Transportation Specialist - Call for Resumes
Federal Highway Administration
About the organization
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) provides stewardship over the construction, maintenance and preservation of the Nation's highways, bridges and tunnels.
FHWA also conducts research and provides technical assistance to state and local agencies to improve safety, mobility, and to encourage innovation.
The ideal candidate is a mid-level professional with substantial experience in planning, development, coordination, and management of international technical exchange programs. Multi-cultural awareness and the ability to use Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, or Arabic in addition to English is a plus!
As a Transportation Specialist, you will:
• Design, develop, implement, and evaluate information and technology exchange activities to achieve USDOT/FHWA goals in accordance with guidance from OIP leadership.
• Provide input to the Office Director and Leader of the BRP Team in defining and determining the role of the FHWA with regard to activities and cooperative programs with other countries.
• Within the assigned program portfolio, the incumbent, under OIP leadership oversight, is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, coordinating, and managing national and international technology and information exchange programs, and promoting United States technology (standards, procedures, equipment, expertise, management practices) abroad.
• Facilitate technical assistance to select other countries as authorized.
• In executing these duties under OIP leadership oversight, the incumbent initiates and maintains liaisons with a broad range of Federal, state, and local transportation and industry officials in the U.S. and abroad, with the objective of promoting the FHWA's international transportation objectives.
To qualify for the GS-13, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
• Experience coordinating technology exchange programs.
• Experience coordinating programs pertaining to transportation.
$102,663 to $133,465
Contact email: [email protected]
This is a call for resumes for returned volunteers with non-competitive eligibility status. To apply, please submit an email to [email protected] with the following documents attached:
2. Proof of NCE Status
3. Academic transcripts if using education to qualify for position experience
In the subject line of the email indicate the name of the position you are applying for: Transportation Specialist. Questions may be submitted to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply