Transportation Operations Specialist
General Services Administration
About the organization
As a Transportation Operations Specialist, you will develop working relationships with customers and support the Fleet Management program. You will assist in the management and operation of a vehicle fleet, and serve as a single source for all program services and support for customer and supplier accounts
As a Transportation Operations Specialist (Motor) some of your main roles will include:
1. Assuring delivery and adequacy of GSA Fleet services and assuming responsibility for program efficiency and cost effectiveness of areas over which you have jurisdiction
2. Addressing and resolving significant customer problems which cannot be resolved by normal procedures
3. Representing and speaking for the program in discussions and committing the agency to a course of action within regulations and established policy and guidelines
4. Determining when to dispose of used vehicles and equipment and directing the preparation of vehicles for termination of lease assignment
5. Monitoring specific indicators of performance and recommending action to correct deficiencies noted
6. Notifying contractors of substandard performances and recommending corrective action as appropriate
7. Receiving, preparing for assignment, and assigning or delivering new replacement vehicles to customer activity locations
8. Inspecting and evaluating circumstances of major repairs, accidents damage, high repair estimates, or complaints concerning quality and timeliness of vendors when requested to do so.
Specialized Experience:Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal Service.
Specialized experience is assisting in managing, purchasing, operating, and/or maintaining a fleet of government-owned or commercial motor vehicles. This experience must have included:
o maintaining data on fleet vehicles in an automated system;
o answering inquiries from and providing assistance to fleet customers/clients;
o identifying customers' vehicle requirements; and
o researching and/or analyzing fleet operations
Education: Applicants must have a Master's or equivalent graduate degree such as LL.B. or J.D., or 2 academic years of progressively higher level graduate education in a related field. To qualify for GS-2150 positions on the basis of graduate education, graduate education in one of the following fields is required: accounting, business administration, business, or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, nautical science, or other fields related to the position. OR
Combination of Education & Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a combination of graduate level education (beyond the Bachelor's Degree) and specialized experience (as described above) that together meet the qualification requirements of this position.
Depends on location
Contact email: [email protected]
Submit a complete online application including any required documents prior to 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement. You can modify or complete your application any time before the deadline. Simply return to USAJOBS, select the vacancy, and update your application. For more detailed instructions on how to apply, click here: Apply for a GSA Job using this link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545265800
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job