Translation Services Project Manager
About the organization
We are AmeriCorps, a federal agency that helps millions of Americans improve the lives of their fellow citizens through service. Working hand in hand with local partners, we tap the ingenuity and can-do spirit of the American people to tackle some of the most pressing challenges facing our nation.
As an Employer of National Service, AmeriCorps is committed to providing job opportunities to national service participants. Accordingly, qualified AmeriCorps members (current and former), returned Peace Corps volunteers and other national service participants are encouraged to apply to our positions.
• Manage the day-to-day coordination, process development, project management and reporting for agency-wide translation/language projects
• Serve as primary contact between internal partners and external vendors.
• Research and make recommendations to leadership for project prioritization, vendor selection and agency priority language(s) needs.
• Review project requests, recommend prioritization in consultation with other teams, as appropriate.
• Manage the budget process and allocation for language services.
• Maintain a strong, professional working relationship with vendor representatives.
• Ensure all projects and procedures are completed in compliance with quality standards and assist vendor and freelancers in troubleshooting issues that may arise
• Develop and oversee workflows, optimized for meeting expectations, mitigating quality issues, and supporting internal partner needs
• Convene and/or attend project planning and status meetings; provide regular updates to stakeholders; work in partnership with subject matter experts
• Meet with AmeriCorps Program Offices and other departments and units to collect information and expectations prior to project kickoff.
• Maintain skills and familiarity with the most current edition of MS Word, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and other relevant management/tracking and document management programs.
• Communicate in a timely and effective manner to resolve questions and to ensure that errors are properly corrected.
• Candidates will possess skills in project management.
• Ability to devise and implement innovative solutions and/or strategies.
• Skill in effective oral and written communication to convey technical information, provide clear, comprehensive direction and guidance, and present detailed reports and findings.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
• Skill in partnering with key internal and external stakeholders to promote collaboration across functions, build consensus, and achieve common goals.
Such experience must be clearly documented in the applicant's resume.
$78,000 to 85,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Individuals interested in the position must submit a resume, three professional references, and proof of Non-Competitive Eligibility via email to Sharron Tendai at [email protected] no later than 11:59pm Eastern Time on May 23, 2022.
Our Agency is committed to the highest ethical standards and, as an employee you will be covered by the criminal conflict of interest statutes (18 U.S.C. 201-209) and the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch (5 C.F.R. part 2635). Additionally, you may be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) or Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278e) within 30 days of your appointment date and on an annual basis thereafter.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply