About the organization
Global Kids, Inc. is seeking dynamic, hard-working, and creative individuals who are experienced in youth development, global education, and social action, and are interested in working in our middle and high school programs located across New York City and supported by DYCD SONYC Initiative, DYCD COMPASS Initiative or the NYC Community Schools Initiative. We are seeking to fill multiple full-time positions to start by the end of August 2021.
• Coordinate, develop and co-facilitate interactive, experiential workshops and activities for GK's global education academic enrichment programs.
• Collaborate with GK staff and youth to generate new program ideas focusing on global/local issues and meeting the goals of the contracted initiatives.
• Develop relevant content and curriculum on global issues, 21st century skills while supporting social and emotional learning.
• Work with other staff and students to implement the annual Global Kids Youth Conference and other special projects.
• Lead occasional training sessions for other youth, educators and Global Kids staff.
• Implement student outreach, recruitment and retention strategies throughout the year.
• Help to support partner school’s goals and functions.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with multiple stakeholders such as students, families, school personnel, policy makers and other community members.
• Occasional evenings, weekends and overnights with long-distance travel required (annual overnight or multi-night youth retreat, college trips, GK events).
• Collaborate with school personnel on logistics for program implementation (e.g. space, security needs, permits, trip forms/permission slips).
• Collect, input and review attendance, evaluation and other data related to projects and student progress.
• Maintain necessary documentation/case files, as well as program data entry and records.
• Complete administrative tasks related to maintaining assigned GK equipment, fiscal procedures (fund requests and expense reports) and other tasks.
• Bachelor's Degree is required.
• Understanding of or willingness to learn about, wide array of NYC social service resources for youth and families.
• Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, counseling and conflict resolution skills, and youth development/leadership strategies with middle school and/or high school age youth.
• Experience and enthusiasm for designing and leading educational workshops that build on each other.
• Commitment to and understanding of working in culturally diverse settings and using antiracist pedagogical practices
• Experience working in or with public schools a plus.
• Knowledge of and passion for global issues, political science, history, education and social justice and human rights.
• Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
• Strong work ethic, initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to manage multiple tasks independently.
• Strong communication, writing, organizational, and technology skills (Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Zoom).
• International experience a plus
• Fluency in other languages is a plus (particularly Spanish, Haitian Creole, Arabic and South Asian languages).
Salary/Benefits: This full-time exempt position has an annual salary of $40,000. GK also offers affordable medical benefits, dental, and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation time off, personal days, sick time and possibilities for travel. GK staff also have access to retail discounts through our Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
Contact email: [email protected]
APPLY ASAP, HIRING IMMEDIATLY
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Your cover letter should specify your abilities or preference, if any, to work with middle school or high school youth. Please indicate “Trainer” in the subject line of the email. All resumes submitted will be reviewed by GK senior staff. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. We are actively seeking candidates of diverse backgrounds
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job