Tinian Project Coordinator
CNMI Office of Planning and Development
About the organization
Established 2017 by Public Law 20-20, the CNMI Office of Planning and Development (OPD) provides short- and long-term guidance on al economic, infrastructure, and physical development of the CNMI. OPD assist other local agencies in planning in order to harmonize, improve, and assist in implementation comprehensive planning activities at all levels of government.
• Attends weekly project team meetings and monthly Interisland Solid Waste Management Taskforce (ISWMT) planning meetings, including ensuring documentation of meeting minutes and tracking of project needs, next steps, and deliverables specific to Tinian are communicated with the DPW and
relevant SPN Leadership and solid waste management planning and project implementation staff;
• Drafts procurement services requests for review by project team to ensure timely progress is being made toward grant deliverables and milestones;
• Leads review of proposals and job applications relevant to Solid Waste management projects in
accordance with SSG planning efforts;
• Facilitates “Zero Waste” planning project in close coordination with ISWMT;
• Supports project management components including drafting, publication, contracting, and permitting needs for construction, capacity building, and tool development such as digital project management tracking and SSG assessment tool;
• Drafts quarterly grant reports and ensures timely completion of project deliverables in close
coordination with ISWMT, OPD, and DPW;
• Develops targeted solid waste and SSG communications materials for OPD and partner agencies
specific to solid/zero/hazardous waste programs;
• Supports compilation of planning information and local reports as well as regulatory review and
revision recommendation efforts once they are initiated.
Strong written and oral communication skills, meeting organization, facilitation, and note-taking,
computer literacy, interpersonal communication skills, proactivity, time management and critical
thinking, as well as knowledge of planning processes are required. Detail-oriented project management experience that demonstrates strong analytical and budgeting skills is recommended; Solid Waste Industry Knowledge is preferred but not required. At minimum an Associate’s Degree is required, with at least 12 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management or related studies; a Bachelor’s Degree is recommended.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications of the appointee.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please email, as a single PDF document, a cover letter, CV or resume, names and contact information for three references, and a copy of terminal degree OR unofficial transcripts to Kodep Ogumoro-Uludong, OPD Director ([email protected]), cc Erin Derrington ([email protected]). Alternatively, hard copies of all documents can be sent to Kodep Ogumoro-Uludong, Director, Office of Planning and Development, Caller Box 10007, Saipan, MP 96950.
For questions or clarifications, please contact Erin Derrington ([email protected])
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job